Navigate Your Way Around Hive Tracks
Modified on: Wed, 11 Sep, 2019 at 2:09 PM
- Dashboard: displays metrics and key data points of each yard.
- Yards: lists all your bee yards. To perform an action on a yard, click on the yard name. To view all the hives in a yard, click on the drop down arrow on the right hand side of the row.
- Hives: lists all your hives. To view a single hive, simply click on the row. To edit it, click "Edit" on the right-hand side. To edit just the queen for that hive, click on the queen icon. To view past inspections for the hive, click on the box under the "Most Recent Inspections" column. There is also a link to create new inspections in that same column.
You can also use the check boxes on the left to select multiple hives. This way you can can inspect or requeen multiple hives at the same time.
- Inspections: lists all your inspections. There are many things you can record and we try to capture as many possibilities as we can, but it doesn't mean you need to check these items all the time. So, record as much or little as you'd like.
To just view an inspection, click it. To edit an inspection, click "Edit" on the right-hand side. To use an inspection as a jumping-off point for another inspection, click "Copy" in the right-hand side.
- Harvests: is where you can track your harvest data, whether that's information related to honey, wax, pollen or propolis. Tracking measurements can be difficult, so we do our best to make the calculations for you in the "Units of Measurement" field.
- To-Do: is where you can set up reminders for what needs to be done at your next yard visit. Never miss those important tasks like feeding, inspections and queen status updates.
To-Do items can apply to yards and/or hives. Use the check boxes to apply bulk actions to items, such as mass re-prioritization or completion.
From the To-Do page, click the Calendar tab to view your Hive Tracks calendar.
- Inventory: lists your inventory of hive components in your Hive Tracks account. Active components are the ones currently in use on your hives. Shed refers to components not currently in use. Total is the total number of that component, according to your books.
- Community: is a group feature that allows you to share data with other Hive Tracks users. This is especially useful for clubs, groups, and beekeeping mentorship programs.
- Reports: present information from your account in various organized formats.
- Maps: is a Google map of your yards. Zoom in to view the three concentric rings surrounding each individual bee yard. The one, two, and three-mile markers give you an idea of the area your bees forage and the environments they encounter.
From the Maps page, click the Global Map tab to view the public yards from other Hive Tracks users. All yards are private by default, however, you can share your yards to the public map by checking the "Opt-in" button on the yard edit page.
Have a question? Submit a Ticket
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.